It’s that time of year again…Festival Season! The SoCal desert is known for many things, one of the biggest being the annual festivals held in Indio, CA. Starting in April, the entire area of Indio will be taken over by all the music fans heading to these festivals. For those lucky ones headed to a music festival around our area…we have the best tips and tricks for surviving the weekend festival and having the time of your life!
- Plan out your arrival times early! – It comes as no surprise that these festivals are packed with people! The festival does provide shuttle passes as an additional option when you purchase tickets, which can be very helpful if you are staying nearby. If you plan to, there are designated spots for that as well but plan ahead because it will get busy close to show time. There is also an option to drive yourself and park in one of the many parking lots and walk into the festival from there, which also requires some time ahead planning. The walk can take awhile getting into the venue, as well as at the end of the night when it’s time to leave so make sure you cater to your specific needs and get in all the fun you can!
- Hydrate – If there’s one thing that is absolutely essential for a festival or weekend in the desert it’s water! Of course, these festivals allow guests to bring in their own refillable water bottles and provide water stations throughout the grounds where you can fill up throughout the day for free. Don’t forget to take breaks in between all the fun and stay hydrated in that desert heat!
- Wear comfortable shoes – We know the outfits are so fun to plan out and gather in the time leading up to the festival. But make sure the shoes that go with your outfit are comfortable. There is so much walking, all day long, and there’s nothing worse than being stuck in uncomfortable shoes and painful feet all weekend. Luckily there are plenty of cute shoes that are also comfortable so trust us on this one, and you can thank us later!
- Plan for little to no cell service – If you are going with a group of people, or even just another companion, it’s always smart to plan ahead and designate one spot to meet in case you get separated from anyone. This is something so small and quick that can be done, but so incredibly necessary if and when the time comes and you get lost from your group.
- Cash is key! – We know everything lately is all digital, and while credit cards and apple pay are still amazing, convenient options, cash is great to have on hand too! You never know if food or drink vendors have issues with their technology and can only accept cash. In the worst case scenario, it always helps to be prepared for any sort of mishap so throw in a little extra cash just in case!
All of these tips will be helpful for surviving festival season, but one of the most important things to remember is to have fun! Creating memories that will last a lifetime while seeing some of your favorite artists performing live is unlike anything else. Be sure to book your stay at Indian Palms Vacation Club today!