Kick off the holidays Palm Springs style with this refreshing drink recipe we’re serving up ice cold from a hot place. Inspired by the Palm Springs Cookbook, this delicious concoction blends crushed peppermint candies with coffee or chocolate ice cream, bringing holiday cheer to the middle of the desert. Make as “festive” as you like for the grown-ups!
- 4 round ½ once peppermint candies
- 4 ounces peppermint flavor liqueur
- 2 cups cold milk or milk alternative
- 1 pint frozen coffee OR chocolate yogurt
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- Peppermint sticks for garnish
- Vodka for the “adult” version
- Place peppermint candies in a blender and whirl until they’re pulverized.
- Add frozen yogurt, milk (or alternative), and chocolate syrup. Whirl until smooth.
- Pour into 4 glasses. Garnish with peppermint sticks.